Fitbit devices come packed with technology. Thus, they allow you to do practically anything you could want out of a wristwatch. And, just when you think that it could not get any better, new models come with better designs and even more features. However, it is still an electronic device, and it needs charging. While it is not a difficult task, you can sometimes get confused, especially when you have too many gadgets to keep track of.
How to Charge Fitbit Inspire, 2, HR, Ace 2, Flex, 2, Alta, HR?
The methods to charge your Fitbit devices are very similar. You need to insert one side of the charging cable into a compatible USB port and connect the other end to your tracker. However, for Fitbit Flex, you must remove the tracker and place it in the wristband.
How to Charge the Fitbit Inspire?
Considering how small the Fitbit Inspire is, it has huge battery life. When charged completely, your device can go up to 5 days without needing more charge. However, this is the best-case scenario. If the battery of your device is running low, here are the steps you must take to charge it:
- Locate your charging cable. You will notice that one end of your charging cable goes into a USB port. The other end would get attached to your device.
- Plug one end of your charging cable into the USB port. If you decide to use a device, make sure that the device is a low-energy device.
- Turn your Fitbit Inspire to the other side so that its back is facing you.
- Hold the other side of your charging cable to your device till you hear a snapping sound. This sound indicates that your device has magnetically attached to the charger. To ensure this, confirm that the pins are aligned with each other.
- Ensure that the LED display indicates that your device is charging. You can check this by pushing the button on the tracker. Your device should take anywhere between 1 to 2 hours to attain full charge.
- Once your device displays 100 percent charge, remove it from the charging cable.
How to Charge the Fitbit Inspire 2?
The Fitbit Inspire 2 came with several additional features such as monitoring heart rate and automatic syncing. Another considerable improvement was in the battery life. The Fitbit Inspire 2 has a maximum battery life of 10 days. Here is how to charge your device so that you can use all its features:
- Find the end of your charging cable that attaches to your device. It is more or less oval and has pins on it.
- Turn your device so that you can see the golden contacts on it. Align the pins on the charging cable to the contacts of your device and then hold them together. Make sure that they attach properly. To ensure this, you can move them back and forth. This would confirm that the charger will not fall off.
- Connect the other side of your charger to a compatible USB port.
- Ensure that your device indicates that it is charging. When you plug in your charging cable, you should see an LED display light up. You can also see the battery levels by double-tapping on the screen or pressing the buttons on the sides.
- Once you have charged your device, remove it. You need to apply a slight force to separate your device from your charging cable. Further, insert your fingernail between the charging cable and your device. Then, pull it apart.
How to Charge the Fitbit Inspire HR?
The Fitbit Inspire HR has several features including silent alarms and heart rate monitoring. Further, it also tracks your sleep. However, you need to charge your device before you can go hands-free. Here is how you can do so:
- Plug the required side of the charging cable into the USB port. If you use a device, make sure that it is compatible.
- Turn your tracker to the backside.
- Hold the other side of the charging cable next to the tracker. This would cause them to attach magnetically. Also, you should ensure that the pins are aligned in the right way.
- Remove the charger when the charging is complete. Your battery should last approximately 5 days if you charge it fully.
How to Charge the Fitbit Ace?
The Fitbit Ace was made keeping children in mind. That said, it still has a lot of the latest technology, except the ones that are not appropriate or needed for kids. Here is how to charge your device:
- Find a USB port for your charging cable and plug it in. Make sure that the port is not on a device that is incompatible with your Fitbit.
- Find the port on your tracker and attach the other side of the charging cable to it. Ensure that you have locked the pins on your cable with the port on your device.
- You should be able to see a display indicating that your device is charging
- You can remove the charging setup once your device is done charging.
How to Charge the Fitbit Ace 2?
The Fitbit Ace 2 has several additional features which appeal to kids. These include fun clock faces. However, the use of such faces warrants charging more often than usual. If you are not sure how to charge this device, you can follow the steps below:
- Insert a side of the charging cable into a USB port that is compatible. You can even use one that is on your computer.
- Keep the other side of your charging cable near your tracker all the while ensuring that the pins align. Your devices should attach automatically. This is because they use magnetic force to do so.
- Make sure that your device shows that it is taking up the charge.
- Remove your device from the charger once it has attained the required amount of charge.
How to Charge the Fitbit Flex?
The Fitbit Flex has LED indicator lights to indicate several things including goal tracking, sleep mode, etc. These lights also indicate how much charge your device has. The charging process can take up to 3 hours and the battery would last about 5 days. That said, here are the steps you must take to charge your device:
- You can plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer.
- Locate the tracker on your band and place it on the charging cable. Make sure that the diodes are facing upwards.
- Ensure that your device indicates that it is able to take up the charge.
- Once you have finished charging your device, remove it from the setup.
How to Charge the Fitbit Flex 2?
The Fitbit Flex 2 is similar to its predecessor in terms of the LED lights feature. These lights indicate charging levels and also show you when the charging is complete. You can take the following steps to charge your Fitbit Flex 2:
- Insert your charging cable into a proper USB port.
- The charging cable has a compartment to place your tracker. Press the tracker into place. Ensure that the pins on both the tracker and the cable are aligned with each other.
- Make sure that the connection has been established. You would notice the device vibrate and LED lights to blink when this happens.
- When it has finished absorbing the charge, you will see a green LED light. Further, all the other lights will also shine for a few moments. If this does not happen, you can use the tap twice feature to check the progress.
- Remove your charger as the process is complete.
How to Charge the Fitbit Alta?
Your Fitbit Alta comes with several features including notification alerts, water resistance, and automatic sleep tracking. Thus, it does almost anything your phone can do. However, to access all these features from your wrist, you must charge it. Here are the steps you can take to charge your Alta:
- Plug the charging cable of your device into a USB port. For instance, the USB port on your computer.
- Align the pins on your charging cable and your device. Then lock them into place.
- Charge it for about 2 hours to ensure that your device gets charged fully.
- Once your device has charged completely, remove the charger.
How to Charge the Fitbit Alta HR?
Your Fitbit Alta can track your heart rate and allow you to access your phone without picking it up. Moreover, it has a good battery life of 7 days. However, this can vary according to certain conditions and requires you to charge your device fully. Here is how you can do that:
- Insert your charging cable into the right USB port.
- Take the other end of the charging cable and attach it to your device. You should ensure the proper alignment of its pins.
- Look out for a vibration indicating that the connection is secure.
- Remove the charger from your device once it has attained 100% charge.
Thus, charging your Fitbit device is quite easy. However, to save battery life, you should follow the best practices. Further, if you face any issues while charging, you can troubleshoot your device.