If you are like most people, you love your Fitbit. It can do everything you can possibly expect from a device its size. Moreover, it is wearable. Some even come with straps that can be changed. This makes them not only a useful and functional electronic item but also a fashion accessory! The first product offered by Fitbit was released in 2007 and was called the Ultra.
This was an activity tracker that had a pedometer built into it. However, as amazing as they are, Fitbits are not free from problems. The good news is that most of these problems can be fixed by simply restarting your device.
How to Restart Fitbit Versa, 2, 3, Lite, Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Ionic?
Most of the Fitbit devices restart in a similar way. You must press and hold the restart buttons for a few seconds. For the Versa series, Blaze and Ionic are the back and bottom buttons. On the other hand, it is the home and select buttons for the Fitbit Surge. You must release these buttons once you see the Fitbit logo. For Fitbit Versa, 2, 3, Lite, Blaze, and Ionic, this is about 10 seconds. You must hold the button for around 15 seconds for Fitbit Surge.
When Should You Restart Your Device?
Some of the common issues users face when using Fitbits are that they would not sync, they would become unresponsive to touch, they would not keep track of information, and they would not be able to give notifications. These are usually not major issues. They can be easily resolved by simply restarting your device.
How to Restart the Fitbit Versa?
Fitbit Versa comes with a beautiful design and an intuitive interface. It is a lightweight product but very powerful in its features. The Fitbit Versa has a touch screen display of 1.34 inches. There are more than 15 clock faces that you can choose from, and you can also create your clock face using the design tool provided by the brand.
You can also add information such as upcoming events, weather updates, and reminders to any available clock faces. But sometimes it does not work correctly, and then you have to restart it. Here’s how you do it:
- Press and hold the back and bottom buttons. You will see the Fitbit logo appear.
- Once you see the Fitbit logo appear, you can release the buttons.
- If your Fitbit Versa Smartwatch connects to a wireless network, it will sync automatically. If it does not relate to a wireless network, you can manually sync your Fitbit Versa Smartwatch.
How to Restart the Fitbit Versa 2?
Fitbit Versa 2, which is the second iteration of the Fitbit Versa, comes with many new features that make it even better than its predecessor. Fitbit Versa 2 is a portable activity tracker that includes new and advanced features.
It is an excellent device for a person who likes to keep track of their daily activities on the go. You can use it to monitor your sleep, steps, heart rate, calories burned, and other health-related information. Even with these amazing features, sometimes the Fitbit versa does not work appropriately. So, you have to restart it. Here is how you can do it:
- Hold down the “Power” button located along the left edge of your Fitbit Versa 2 for roughly eight seconds.
- The screen will immediately go blank for a few seconds. The Fitbit logo will appear for roughly five seconds.
- After that, the logo will briefly flicker, and the Fitbit Versa 2 will vibrate quickly before you land on your home screen, indicating that you’ve successfully restarted your Fitbit Versa 2 smartwatch.
How to Restart the Fitbit Versa 3?
The Fitbit Versa 3 is one of the most advanced activity trackers. It has many cool features like a heart rate monitor, sleep tracking, and more. The Versa 3 is a fitness tracker that looks like a smartwatch. It has an amazing battery life of up to 4 days and it is waterproof. You can also get notifications from your phone on the watch face.
If you encounter any problem with your Fitbit Versa 3 watch, you can troubleshoot or restart it by following these simple steps.
- Hold the button for 10 seconds. This minimum time is to ensure that your device shuts down completely. Any application that is running would stop, enabling your device to make the first step towards restarting.
- You will notice the Fitbit logo flash on the screen. After the Fitbit logo appears, you must release the button.
- Wait for the device to restart entirely. Once your device has restarted, it should function normally.
How to Restart Fitbit Lite?
Fitbit has used its expertise in the fitness wearable market to enter a new category with the release of the Fitbit Lite. This smartwatch alternative positions as a stylish, activity-tracking device that also functions as an accessory to other wardrobe-essentials. If you find that your Fitbit Versa Lite hands over and over again, without responding to your touch; perhaps it is time to restart your device.
But prior to doing so, make sure you have enough battery to spare and if the watch is still charging, remove the device from its charging cradle. You will not be able to do it while it currently connects to the charger! Once you have done that, you take the following steps to restart your Fitbit device:
- Press and hold the power button and downright button for up to 10 seconds until the screen turns off.
- Keep holding the buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
- When you turn on the Versa lite, it will automatically sync data with your smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0 and display some seconds of Fitbit’s logo before showing the clock screen.
- The Versa Lite does not delete any data when switched off.
How to Restart the Fitbit Surge?
Fitbit Surge is a smartwatch with GPS and continuous heart rate tracking. It is not a smartwatch like other Wear devices, but it is more of an advanced fitness tracker. This device’s design provides the best information during workouts and other physical activities.
The device comes with a water-resistant case that can withstand rain and sweat. However, it should not submerge in water for a long time. The battery lasts for about seven days if you are using it moderately. That said, you might want to restart your device if it is not functioning properly. Here is how you can restart your Fitbit Surge:
1. Press and hold both the “Side” and “Select” buttons for at least ten 10 to 15 seconds.
2. You will notice it flickers after you slowly let go.
3. You will see the Fitbit logo.
4. If everything starts working, you have successfully restarted the watch. You will retain all the data except the notifications of your calls and texts.
How to Restart the Fitbit Blaze?
With its vast number of features, the Fitbit blaze is sort of a hybrid between a fitness band and a smartwatch. It would automatically recognize when you start exercising. Moreover, it will even track the exercise you do. If you are a fan of workouts, you are in luck with this Fitbit device. This is because it comes equipped with on-screen workouts.
In addition to the features that help you exercise; the Fitbit Blaze also has a touchscreen display so that you would have no trouble accessing all the notifications. It has a battery life of five days. You can even make a fashion statement with this device as it has straps that can be changed. However, you can also run into trouble with it. In case you face issues with any of these features, you must first restart your device. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Find the power and back buttons on your device.
- Next, you must press these buttons and hold them.
- You will be able to see the Fitbit logo appear on the screen.
- After the Fitbit logo appears, let go of the buttons.
- Your device should start functioning normally. If you still face issues, you can turn it off once again and switch it back on.
How to Restart the Fitbit Ionic?
Fitbit ionic is great for those who love outdoor activities. Carrying your phone along when you go trekking or running is a pain. However, the Fitbit ionic comes with a GPS built in. So, it keeps track of you, and you can safely leave your phone behind.
Further, it has an app that tracks your swimming without you manually turning it on. It also has a heart rate monitoring feature like its predecessors. Moreover, it guides you through your workouts. You can also see text messages and notifications from your phone. However, this does not mean that everything is fool-proof. If you have trouble with your Fitbit device and want to restart it, here are the steps you can take:
- Locate the buttons on the back and bottom of your Fitbit.
- Once you have located the buttons, press and do not release them for about 10 seconds.
- In these 10 seconds, you should be able to see the screen light up with the Fitbit logo.
- After you see the Fitbit logo, you can leave the buttons. The rest of the process is automatic.
- All you have to do is wait for your device to switch on. You will notice that all the problems have been sorted and your Fitbit is now functioning smoothly.
You would be able to resolve most of the issues you face by restarting your device. Hope you got all the information you needed to do so. However, if your device still does not work properly, it is best to contact customer care. Often, they are able to solve your query online.