Fitbits are iconic devices that have transformed the way we use technology. They have merged the use of technology with fitness in very powerful ways. Thus, these small devices can monitor several aspects of your health including your blood pressure and calories consumed. They do so while making the entire process safe and convenient.
Further, recent Fitbits support several apps to improve their functions. Thus, they are able to provide their users with much more support. Today, most Fitbits are capable of telling the weather when used correctly.
How To Set Up Weather on Fitbit Charge 2, 3, 4?
Setting up the weather on Fitbit Charge 3 and 4 is easy. After opening the weather app on your Fitbit, you have to find the weather app inside the Fitbit app. Then, you have to reach the settings to update your location and sync it with your device. However, you cannot set up the weather app on your Fitbit Charge 2.
How To Set Up Weather on the Fitbit Charge 2?
The Fitbit Charge 2 has several features. These include straps that can be changed, viewing notifications from your phone, and a large screen. While it even helps you keep track of your fitness levels, it will not allow you to see the weather patterns. This is because it does not have built-in software to show the weather. Also, you cannot download apps on the Fitbit.
So, there is no way you can look at the weather using your Fitbit Charge 2. Unfortunately, you will have to either upgrade your device or hope that a software update incorporates this feature. That said, the company has an active community demanding that such functions should be added to this version of the device. However, the company has made no promises in this regard.
How To Set Up Weather on the Fitbit Charge 3?
When they launched the Fitbit Charge 3, they came up with several changes. Not only was the new model slimmer, lighter, and far easier to wear on your wrist, it also had additional functions. Moreover, it had a larger screen, making the image resolution much better.
However, the most exciting part of the Fitbit Charge 3 was that it could have apps. You can install and use supported apps on your device. So, if you want to know when a storm is coming, you would want to set up the weather app. If you are unsure of how to set it up, you can take the following steps.
- Before starting, you want to make sure your device has enough charge to support the process. If it does not, you might want to charge it. Otherwise, you will just end up duplicating your efforts.
- First, you need to open the weather app on your Fitbit.
- As the next step, you must open the Fitbit app.
- Then, you should click on the symbol which indicates your account.
- Go to your device image.
- You should be to see the option of “Apps”.
- Select “Apps” by tapping on the option.
- Once you have selected apps, you will be able to see all the apps that are supported on your device. Among them, you would be able to find the weather app.
- When you find the weather app, you would notice a small gear-shaped icon next to it.
- Click on the gear icon to see the settings.
- You will see that the weather app has your present location as the default. However, if you cannot find your location, you want to ensure that your location services are on. Further, you should grant the Fitbit app permission to access your location. If you have recently moved or changed locations, you should sync your device with your phone again. Then, you would be able to see your present location.
- In addition to your current location, you can also add two more locations of your choice. If you want to add the additional locations, you only have to click on “add city”. To delete a city you added, you need to click on edit and press the cross icon. However, you should remember that you cannot remove your current location from the weather app.
- Finally, after you have done all the above steps, be sure to sync your device with the Fitbit app. After this, you would be able to see all the new locations on your device. However, this process can take some minutes.
How To Set Up Weather on the Fitbit Charge 4?
Released in 2020, the Fitbit Charge 4 is a recent addition to wearable devices. It has a built-in GPS so that you can access your location without your phone. Thus, in addition to counting steps and calories, the Fitbit Charge 4 makes outdoor activities easier.
However, it also has features similar to the Fitbit Charge 5. This means that just like its predecessor, it also supports apps. You can access weather conditions through your Fitbit, provided you set up the app properly. You can use the following guidelines to help you do so:
- You need to have both your phone and your Fitbit Charge 4 at hand to set up the weather app. You need to access the weather app on the Fitbit.
- After that, you need to open your Fitbit account.
- From your account, you want to go to the apps section through the today tab and account icon.
- Once you have reached the apps screen which shows several apps, you have to search and find the weather app.
- Click on the gear symbol next to the weather app. Some users of the Fitbit Charge 4 say that the gear symbol is not visible next to their app. In this situation, you must check for any updates. Most likely, it is because you have not updated your Fitbit Charge 4 to the latest firmware. However, if you still cannot see the icon after updating, you should take it to an expert.
- This will show you the locations your app has been set to. You will see your current location over there. Note that this location cannot be edited or removed. However, you can add 2 more locations. To do so, simply press the option of adding a city and click on the edit button. You can now remove or add new locations.
- Once you have decided on the locations, you should sync your device with the app. This will ensure that all the changes you have made are saved. Within a few minutes of this step, you will be able to see the locations you have added.
Thus, after setting up your weather app, you can check the weather. All you have to do is open the weather app. Then, you will automatically see the weather at your location. If you want to see the weather in other locations, you have to swipe left.
How To Change the Units of Weather?
Unfortunately, the entire world does not follow a single system of units. Thus, you might not be familiar with the units that your Fitbit device uses for the weather. If you are like most people, you might even want different units for different situations. Don’t worry, you can easily change the units on your device one of the two ways depending on your software.
If your Fitbit Operating Software is 2.1 or older, you can take the steps below:
- Find the Fitbit app on your dashboard.
- Click on the account icon to go to the advanced settings.
- Then you can click on units. Here, you would be able to change the units under the “length” part. If you want to view the weather in Celsius, you must select centimeters and kilometers. On the contrary, if you want it in Fahrenheit, you must choose feet and miles.
- Sync your device to save the updates.
On the other hand, if your Fitbit Operating Software is 2.2, you can take the following steps:
- Open the Fitbit app and go to your device image via your account icon.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Find the weather app and click on the little gear icon next to it.
- Then, you would be able to see a section under the title “Temperature Unit”
- You need to select the units you want to see.
- Be sure to sync your device, so that all the changes you made are saved.
Being able to figure out the weather conditions on your wrist can be very handy. Hope you got some insight into navigating the weather app on your device. In case you still cannot use the weather app, you can try troubleshooting it.