Have you ever been in your daily errands without an umbrella or a jacket, and it is raining heavily? You would be triggered to blame the weather, especially if the sky was quite bright in the morning hours and the sun rays penetrating on any slight gap.
However, considering now you have a Fitbit tracker, you are likely not to meet yourself in such horrible situations. Though I should caution you early enough, that’s possible only if you configure your weather app correctly to your Fitbit tracker.
There are so many loopholes when configuring, and if you mess around, you will get the wrong weather updates. For instance, if you choose the wrong location, you will have yourself to blame.
No need to freak out! We will offer you a detailed guide to help you configure the weather app to the tracker. Consequently, you will be able to receive accurate forecasts to ensure you make correct and informed decisions. Roll up your sleeves, and let’s get into it.
How to Set Up the Weather on Fitbit Versa 2?
To set up the weather app, you must first ensure that the tracker is connected to the device.
- Open your Fitbit app
- Navigate to your account on the profile icon
- On your account, select the type of device you are using. In this case, you should select Fitbit versa 2
- After selecting your device, next tap on Apps
- Scroll through the apps and select the weather app
- After navigating to the weather app, look for the settings icon and tap it
- Tapping on the Settings icon allows you to choose your preferred temperature measurements. That’s you select between Celsius and Fahrenheit. However, the most preferred measurement is Celsius
- Next, you need to choose your location. You can enter the city name or scroll down the cities list to select your location
- You can delete unwanted locations by tapping the trash icon
- Also, you can add locations by tapping the add icon
How to Set Up the Weathe on Fitbit Versa 3?
Before configuring the weather app on your device, you must give the app permission to access your location. When you first open the app, you will be prompted to allow the device to access your location.
However, if you dint give permission by selecting the mark sign, all is not lost.
- Open the Fitbit app
- Navigate to your account
- On your icon, tap on the settings icon
- Tap on ‘All apps’
- After tapping on all apps, select the type of your tracker. In our case, you should choose Fitbit versa 3
- Next, tap on permissions and toggle the button to the right to give the weather app access to your location
Note; the location feature will be turned off you are operating the device in power saving mode or its battery is extremely low
After giving the app location permission, it is time to change the weather settings and add extra locations.
To set up the weather app
- Open the Fitbit app and tap the Today tab
- Tap on your profile picture to access your account information
- Select your device and navigate to the gallery
- On the gallery tap weather
- Next, tap on settings which by default will display your current location, if you successfully gave the app location access permission
- At this point, you can add other locations you want or else delete the locations by tapping the trash icon
- On the settings, you can also change the temperature measurements by navigating to the temperature unit section
- Then tap the temperature units
- Choose your preferred temperature measurement unit. It can either be Celsius or Fahrenheit
How to Set Up the Weathe on Fitbit Versa Lite?
Fitbit versa lite denies the weather app from accessing the location of the battery is too low. Thus you need to ensure that the tracker and the connected device, either the phone, pc, or watch, have a reliable amount of charge.
To set up the weather app on Fitbit versa lite;
- Open the Fitbit app and get to the today tab
- On the tab. Click on your profile picture to get to your account
- You will be prompted to select your device, select Fitbit versa lite. However, if you had set it before, you will only see the image of the device
- Tap on the apps and swipe to find the weather app
- Next to the weather app, there is a gear icon. Tap on it to get to the weather settings
- If you gave access permission to the app when you first opened the app, your device will show your current location. If not, follow the below steps to provide the app with location access permissions.
- While on the weather settings, tap on permissions
- Look for location access permission and change the toggle to allow the app to access your location
- With that out of the way, your device will now be showing your current location. You can also manually add other locations by tapping the plus sign on locations, and still, you can delete them by tapping the trash icon.
- Next, you need to update the measuring units. Still, on the weather settings, tap on the temperature unit section
- Choose the unit that you want, and you will be through setting the weather app. If you have any other queries about the Fitbit versa lite, you can check the Fitbit support community.
How to Set Up the Weather on Fitbit ionic?
By default, the ionic Fitbit apps will show the weather forecast of your current location on the weather app. However, if you want to add new or delete locations or change the weather app settings, you need to have the connected device close to you. How do you do that?
- Open the Fitbit app on the connected device
- Tap on the profile icon
- Tap on all apps and swipe until you get to the weather app
- Tap on the weather app to access the weather settings
- On the settings, the app will display all the saved locations. At the bottom part, tap on the Edit button to change the weather settings
- Type the city name to search
- Select the city and type on done.
- Similarly, you can tap on the trash icon next to the city name to delete it.
- Now open the weather app on the Fitbit Ionic
- You will first see your current location weather settings configured. Swipe to the right to see the weather forecasts of the other locations
- You can also look at this video to learn more about the Fitbit Ionic tracker.
How to Fix Fitbit Versa Weather App Not Updating
In some cases, you may notice that the weather app is not responding or updating the data as expected. To solve this problem, try;
Disable battery optimization
Power saving settings disable the app from accessing your location. Thus it is important to ensure that any battery optimization settings are disabled. However, such settings may be activated automatically. The solution is to ensure that the Fitbit versa has a reliable amount of charge
Remove and add the location again
If still the app cannot receive the weather forecasts, you can try removing and adding the location again. You can do that on your connected device. Open the Fitbit app. On your profile app, click on all apps and tap on the weather. All your saved locations will appear. If you want to delete the location, tap on the trash icon and tap on Edit to add the location
Restart the app
If nothing is yet working for you, you can try restarting the device using the reboot feature or switching off the device and then charging it
Reset the app
The next solution is resetting the tracker. However, you should be aware that resetting the tracker will delete all the data. Thus, you need to transfer it to an external storage device first before resetting the Fitbit device.
Setting the weather app on your connected device will allow you to see the weather forecasts to make informed decisions. This is a feature that was introduced recently in these Fitbit devices.
We have looked at a step-by-step process on how to get your weather app configured. However, you should always ensure that you correctly choose your location and give location access permissions to the app.
Additionally, if the weather app is not updating the data, you can try removing and adding the location again on the settings screen. Similarly, you can restart the device or reset it if all your efforts prove to be futile.