Fitbit is one of the best fitness trackers you can buy on your budget. However, some of the best Fitbit trackers are Fitbit charge 2, 3, 4, inspire hr, Alta hr, and Blaze. Well, all these devices can track your fitness activities automatically, including your sleep, heart rate, pulse rate, and more.
My roadmap for this FitBit article is to inform you with a step-by-step guide on how to track exercise on FitBit device. So, without further ado, let us get started!
Which Workouts Can Fitbit Track?
Around 20+ exercises, FitBit can track easily in its exercise app. All you have to do is choose your exercise, which you want to track regularly. For instance, if you want to track walking steps, then select walk workout from the list. However, if you want to track one or more, just tap on the option you want to add.
How to Track the Exercise on the Fitbit?
To get started with the exercise app on Fitbit, here’s how you can add and track the exercise without any issue.
- Launch your FitBit and choose the Today tab, then profile picture and device image.
- Next, tap on exercise shortcuts and make the changes you want to add.
- To add an exercise, select + exercise shortcut and add your favorite exercise you want to track.
- If you want to remove any previous exercise, tap on the delete button by selecting that exercise you want to delete.
- In case if you want to record the exercise, you can do this using the edit option. There tap on the shortcut, either hold or press or drag it up to change the position.
- Now go to the Fitbit dashboard and select the green icon.
- Add device image
- Tap on exercise shortcuts, then edit and select the exercise whom you want to add.
- Save and sync your device.
How to Set Up and Track Exercise on Fitbit Charge 2?
With the Fitbit charge 2, one can manually log into their workout schedule with a tracker without using the FitBit app. Well, here’s how to operate this feature.
- Open the Fitbit dashboard and select the account icon.
- Choose your device name, say Fitbit charge 2
- Explore the exercises and opt for shortcuts
- Now select edit and choose up to three exercises you want to track using the drag and drop technique.
- To add more, tap on the plus sign and make the edits
- Once done, save the changes.
- Tap on the next and add the charger 2
- When it comes to tracking the exercise, you need to tap on the side button until the screen displays.
- Now again, tap on the charge two screens until you do the exercises.
- Log in to the exercise by pressing the button for long.
- Again long-press the button to record or track the exercise.
How to Track Exercise on Fitbit Charge 3?
If you are getting trouble tracking exercise on Fitbit charge 3, here are the steps to make it happen.
- Log in to your Fitbit dashboard via FitBit.com and tap on the gear button on the right side of the corner.
- Then jump to settings next devices.
- Find the exercise shortcuts and tap on the edit exercise shortcut button.
- Add exercise you want to track on your device.
- Save the changes and sync your device.
- For tracking, you need to reorder icons to change or reverse the exercises on your device.
- Say if you are done with an exercise goal, the charge 3 vibrates or flashes when you complete your goal.
- If you want to stop the workout, then tap on the finish and check the workout summary. You can even explore the summary screen.
How to Track Exercise on Fitbit Charge 4?
- Launch exercise app on your tracker and navigate the exercise whom you want to track
- Select the exercise like run and save it for tracking.
- If you want to set a goal like running 30 minutes a day, reach an exercise goal and press the start button to get tracked.
- When it comes to running, play the tracker and start your workout. However, if it uses GPS so wait for the signal until it comes.
- To check real-time stats, tap on the middle button.
- If you’re completed with your run or workout, the tracker vibrates or rings.
- To end the workout, press the Stop/Finish button.
- To explore the GPS data, sync the tracker with the device and check the exercise app.
How to Track Exercise on Inspire HR?
- Start exercise app on your Fitbit tracker
- Select the exercise you want to track
- If GPS is on, you will see an icon on the top of the screen
- Play the track to start. You can even pause the tracker if needed.
- Tap on the middle button to check real-time stats
- When you complete your goal, tap on the finish button.
How to Track Exercise on Fitbit Alta HR?
Unfortunately, Fitbit Alta HR is not compatible with the manual setup of exercises tracking other goals such as heart rate, pulse rate, and more. As per the FitBit team, one needs to reduce minutes to track your activity. For example, if you were tracking your walking steps for 60 minutes, make it half, i.e., 30 minutes. If that does not work, restarting your tracker might work.
Besides, the following steps can help you add exercise.
- Open the Fitbit dashboard and tap on the exercise app.
- Press the + icon and search for the exercise you want to track.
- Enter the details and save the changes.
How to Track Exercise on Fitbit Blaze?
However, Blaze has in-built exercises to track. But if you want to add more, go with the given steps.
- Tap on the exercise app then + icon
- Here you can add exercises you want to add
- Set your goals and sync them with the device
- Once done exercise track shows up on the screen.
- Play to track exercise
Still confused? Here is the Video Tutorial from FitBit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0biqbRjIAfc)
Best Fitbit Tips & Tricks for Inspire, Charge, and More
Undoubtedly, FitBit is one of the best fitness trackers in the market when using supreme quality, easy-to-use, and affordable smartwatches. Besides the fitness tracker, it is a user-friendly and simple user interface that looks impressive and offers you obvious results.
So, let us dive into FitBit tips & tricks that help you get the most out of it.
Fitbit Today App Tips
- If you want to edit what you see on the today app, tap on the edit option on the right side. Press the circle with X that you don’t want to see. Then click done.
- To edit the order of FitBit, open edit and drag the metric tiles in order you want, then click done.
To Watch Different Activities on FitBit
- Tap on arrows in the middle section of Today’s tab. There you will see the information that you will see each day.
To Add Exercise, Sleep, and Weight Manually
- Tap on the + icon and search the query you want to add.
How Do You Set up Voice Cues During Exercise?
- Tap on the plus icon in, middle of the screen.
- Choose cues menu and navigate what you want to hear
- Then set the volume you would like to hear
How Do You Change the Exercise that Categorizes Wrong in Fitbit?
If you want to change the exercise that is categorized wrong, here’s how to do it.
- Start the exercise app in Today
- Add the exercise name you want to change
- Then jump on categorize exercise and opt for the right category
How to Set the Alarm on Fitbit?
- Launch app Today
- Jump on the activity tracker
- Put new alarm
How to Track Your Fitbit Battery’s life?
To know how long your battery will last, follow the given steps.
- Tap on the account icon, i.e., at the top left corner of the menu
- Then select activity tracker
- Here you will know the battery life, software build-up, and more.
How to Sync Your FitBit?
Sync is crucial to track and enjoy the Fitbit features. So, to sync manually, you need to perform the given steps.
- Tap on the Account tab, which is left to today tab.
- Check on your activity tracker
- Scroll down the menu until you see Sync now option
- Here you will also know the regular Sync.
- If you won’t find the sync option, turn on and off your Bluetooth or close the app and reopen it.
The Bottom Line
That’s all! I hope you have learned a lot from this blog. The above-given guide is completely based on personal experience, so one can get a clear idea of how things work.
So, what’s your opinion on this Fitbit guide? Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to share your opinion with us.